Our motive must be changed in every aspect of our lives. Here we are living for a purpose where we are called to achieve our goal by walking in the newness of life.
This life is not permanent here but our real life will begin after our resurrection. As long as we are spending our days we must be wise in order to keep ourselves eligible to enter into eternal life.
We all are sinners and we have received the grace of God by which we can get the blessings of the Lord. As a born-again believer, we must forsake the works of our flesh. The works of the flesh are evident in us but we need to quit them to be clean and holy.
Jealousy is one of the effects that we inherited due to our sinful nature. It causes trouble in our relationship with our family members and even with our friends as well.
Being a child of God, we are to control our jealousy and envy in relationships. Because God wants us to live a humble life and he will lift us up if we decide to live a humble life.
- Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21)
- Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, (1 Corinthians 13:4)
- Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy? (Proverbs 27:4)
- But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. (James 3:14-16)
Before receiving Jesus we had no knowledge of sin and salvation. But the wisdom of Jesus has opened our eyes and we can now see what lies ahead of us. So, we should be aware of our life because one day we have to stand before judgment.
Remembering the consequences of living an unholy life, let us dedicate our hearts to Jesus and follow him to avoid the wrath of the Lord.
- Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. (Romans 13:13)
- For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance. (Proverbs 6:34)
- Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; (1 Peter 2:11)
- For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? (1 Corinthians 3:3)
- Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame. (Song of Solomon 8:6)
- Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. (Philippians 2:3)
God sees our hearts and he always knows our intentions too. We can hide our emotions, desires, and plans from the eyes of people but it is impossible to avoid God’s eyes.
Jesus says us to be like children in order to be part of God’s kingdom. The reason Jesus says so is that the heart and mind of a child are innocent. And believers should have such childlike hearts which have no wickedness.
- A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones. (Proverbs 14:30)
- Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. (Psalm 37:1-3)
- For wrath killeth the foolish man, and envy slayeth the silly one.(Job 5:2)
- Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the Lord all the day long. For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.(Proverbs 23:17-18)
- Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.(Romans 12:21)
Knowing the truth of our life, we are no longer to live a sinful life which leads us to cause jealousy in our relationships. First of all, we should build an intimate relationship with the Lord, and then we are to seek to develop our relationship with everyone.
Our words and actions are so special to convince others. People always judge us and we must take it as an opportunity. Our gentle and humble behavior will attract others towards the Lord.
If we keep jealousy in our hearts then gradually it will destroy us and we will break our relationship with others. So let us meditate upon the word of God which has the power to change our mind and heart by which we will become the real person who is created according to the image of God.
More Bible Topics
What Does The Bible Say About Fear Of Losing Someone
What Does The Bible Say About Never Lose Hope
What Does The Bible Say About Destruction Of The Earth
Top Bible Verses About Backbiting And Gossiping
What Does The Bible Say About Stealing
The Genealogy And The Bible Prophecies of Jesus Christ
God Always Do Good For Us In The Bible