Fear comes in our hearts due to the absence of God’s word. It is true that often we fear in some sudden incidents, it becomes severe when we fear to lose someone. But we need to know the truth that will help us to get rid of such fear of losing someone.
What we view about death is not real so we are to change our perspective with the help of God’s word to guide us to have the proper knowledge about death. Jesus defeated death at the cross by sacrificing his own life.
Through the resurrection, Jesus brought the truth that death does not mean everything ends here but it leads to beginning the new life which has no end.
- And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. – (Matthew 10:28)
- The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.- (Proverbs 29:25)
In the new earth, we all have the privilege to live with our God and there will be no more suffering and pain. But we can experience sufferings and persecution on this earth due to our faith in Jesus but these sufferings are not worthy to compare with the joy that will be revealed to us.
Death will have no more power and we will be given a glorious body by which we shall serve the Lord and live together with our dear ones.
- For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.- (Romans 8:18)
- Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.– (Luke 20:36)
- Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.– (1 John 3:2)
- O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? – (1 Corinthians 15:55)
- Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. – (Isaiah 41:10)
- But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. – (1 Thessalonians 4:13-14)
- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. – (1 Thessalonians 4:17-18)
- And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. – (Romans 8:28)
- He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. – (Psalm 147:3)
- And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. – (Revelation 21:4)
Instead of fearing losing someone, we should bring our family and friends in the light of Christ. In Jesus, there will be no death as he has delivered us by his blood. Death will have no power to reign over us.
We shall live happily forever if we accept and obey Jesus as long as we will live in our earthly body.
- Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? – (John 11:25-26)
- For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s. – (Romans 14:8)
- Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. – (Psalm 116:15)
- Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. – (2 Corinthians 5:6-8)
We should live bravely because the Lord has given us the Spirit of power and love. We have a hope that we will live forever even though we go through physical death. The hope that we have is not visible but through our faith in Jesus, we can see the invisible hope of life.
- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. – (2 Timothy 1:7)
- For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection. – (Romans 6:5)
- But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel – (2 Timothy 1:10)
- For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.– (2 Corinthians 4:17-18)